14-01-2012

BWP/DEP/HW

That's only a few letters for 3 hardcore bands whose bandnames are longer in reality. They stand for, respectively, Brutality Will Prevail, Dead End Path and Harm's Way. If you haven't heard any of them, don't fear, neither have I... until yesterday, that is!
There was a show in JH Thope in Bruges, which is cool cause I don't think I've ever been to a show in Bruges actually. Weird, huh?

Anyway. Show started off with BWP, who played a really down-tempo, not-yet-sludgy kind of heavy hardcore. Vocals were not really fitting, though. Sometimes it sounded like his voice cracked and it started to almost sound like my screaming/singing, which is... pretty bad. Anyway, as the set went along it didn't bother me that much, so I guess it's alright. Kids were into it a lot. Mosh started at 0:00, as they would say on YouTube. Intense show, really impressive overall.

Next up was DEP who played a more straight hardcore kinda thing I guess. I don't know, I was paying less attention by then (guess how that came to be...). Their singer was really cuddle-able, but when he started singing you knew there was no fucking around. Great show actually, I think I could get into this.

Last band was HW. Most remarkable thing about this band is 1) their brutal sound and 2) the magnitude of their vocalist. You do'nt wanna mess with that dude. Holy shit no. Other than that, cool show but got boring quite fast. Also I was quite well in the wind (dutchism) by then.

Conclusion: Hardcore rules, hangouts rule, Bruges rules, Duvel rules.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten