06-08-2012

F U UP

By the by, I totally forgot to report about two cool shows I've been to last week. So let's recapitulate those shortly (shortly because I'm lazy).

1) Sunday night I went to see Municipal Waste in Bruges. Awesome. Last time I saw the Waste was when I was 16 and I didn't know what crossover thrash was. It was at Ieper Winterfest, they headlined and I circlepitted/moshed during the entire set without knowing who that band was. Good times. Afterwards I spent a cold, cold, cold night in Ieper with 3 buds, but that's a different story.

Anyway, the opening band was Toxic Shöck, a fitting band for this show. Groovy riffs, crazy songs, outtacontrol vocalist. Great show, I like this band. They have an LP out which I have yet to check out, but the new stuff sounded a lot heavier than the demo stuff, so I'm stoked.

Second band was Evil Invaders. Belgian metal band. I honestly don't have the slightest clue about Belgian metal, so this was quite the revelation. Okay show, I don't dig the high voice but musically it's pretty cool. Pretty traditional heavy/thrash metal or something like that.

Then the Waste came about and a party erupted like the Vesuvius in 79 AD. They played all the hits, other great songs and then some. Every song got the crowd surfing, headbanging, moshing, spilling beer and ripping everything around them. Cool! They ended the set with Born To Party and came back for an encore that I don't remember. Awesome show once again.
The MW merch girl was a) cute and b) wearing a Chotto Ghetto shirt. I'm just saying this because Chotto Ghetto is an awesome band and you should check them out.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Encore was pre-game + art of partying en die hoge stemmen waren echt wel supercool

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. ah, oké, merci!
    't was wel oké, die hoge stemmen, maar da's vooral acquired taste denk ik en niet mijn acquired taste.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen