08-09-2012

"The meaning of life is that there is no meaning."

Monday. Deirmonde. I like to pronounce Dendermonde like that. After my first day of internship I went from Brussels to Termonde to go and see a hardcore show. Weird. I had fries in Deirmonde and the guy was a total dick so fuck that. Food was good though. I love fries from the fryture.

Got to the Zenith. First paying attendant of the night! Yay! Didn't get a price, but I did get to see Rebuild. Benji was absent again, which sucked, and Gijs had some vocal difficulties, which also sucked, but nonetheless they play every show the best they can do and I really admire that. I always love to see Chiel smash those drums, he has a really unique style and that's awesome. So despite the absence of the bass (who needs that anyway?) they put on an enjoyable show. The new songs are mindblowingly good. Really. Losing Love, wow. Abandoned, fuck. Really excited to hear the recorded versions of those songs.

Next up, The Homeless. Home game for these melodic hardcore dudes. Great shows, it had been a while since I've seen them, but they're definitely making progress. New stuff sounds stellar and they've definitely gotten better at making songs. Not that they were bad at first, they're just better now. The guitar dude should do more vocals.

Accept The Change. Second to last show. Really glas I could catch 'em before their end. Fucking great band. So heavy yet so delicate sometimes. Tom has such an... honest stage presence. He just says what's on his mind, that's awesome. They released a last 2-song EP with two of their best songs ever. Go out with a bang, I guess. Get Out There is absolutely fenomenal, a 5 and a half minutes outburst. "The earth is flat and jacking off will make you blind." Awesome show. Tough crowd.

Then I went to see the Midnight Souls. Again. I like that band. Let's just keep it at that.

OH SHIT I GOTTA GO CATCH MY TRAIN BYE GUYS SHIT CAN'T SEE TOGETHER MAN I WANTED TO SEE TOGETHER THIS SUCKS BUT I HAVE TO GET HOME.

Story of my life. Had a lot of fun though.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten