09-09-2013

'ngover

I've spent last week watching iCarly episodes and hangin' around at places. I pressed my latest zine, which you should buy, and officially released my MC karel tape. And that's why this blog has been neglectished.

Anyway, let's scroll back to Monday, quick show at the rockcafé.

First band was Rage Inside. I don't know, I didn't really like it. Two similar vocalists, generic guitar riffs, not enough rage. Maybe next time, babes.

ILLS. Holy mothershit. Solid band. Coming from Finland, they sure had a metal-vibe going on in their brand of the 'core. Solos and some heavy metal-inspired riffage gave the whole band a unique flavour and it worked quite well. Very 'Scandinavian'. Very 'cool'.

Grim was up on the next, and they're also influenced by metal, more on the death metal side of things though (genre Obituary, Death, Morbid Angel). They're cool, very heavy and very 'grim'. Possibly the heaviest band in belgian hardcore right now? Possibly! Kids are into it, I'm kinda into it. I like when they say "THIS WORLD IS GRIIIIIIM" and everyone goes apenuts. New 7" Seeds Of Love out in November or something, new tunes sounded good.

Abyss AD, from Germanee, closed off the night but I think I got my 'klopke' so I couldn't focus or even be damned for shit. They were probably good but I just couldn't bring myself to it. Truth be told, it was all kinda 'safe' to me. But who am I? Apparently an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Then I went home, cause, as I said, I was tired, and as you might have read, I had a rough weekend.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten