07-10-2013

Summer In October part I: WIE ZIJDE GIJ EN WAAR KOMDE GIJ VANDAAN?

First things first: I want to apologize for everyone who I have hindered or annoyed the past weekend. I didn't mean to. Maybe I did, who knows. I hope you're a minority though. I'd like to paraphrase my friend Siebens who said I'm probably an intelligent dude but I ruin that by drinking and acting like an idiot. He's probably right. I like acting like an idiot just as much as I like being kinda sensical.
Second things second: I, for one, had the best weekend since a whole god darn while. Thanks Lenny, This Shittown, JH Kroenkel, Skintight recs, PDS, and everyone who helped them out. I love your faces.

Anyway, I told Lenny I was going to write a good review, so let's go. Jelle Gommers told me it should be fairly easy and I should just write "biejestig", but maybe people want to read some more? (A: no, they don't.)
So Friday the festivities started. Got off the train, met up with some buds, went to withdraw money and eat a burger and a cervela, finally arrived at the Kroenkel to drink beer and get ready to see The Dutch Rudders.

I love The Dutch Rudders. I love their music, and I love their faces. They were one guitarist short cause he had a soccer match. Lame, of course. Their set was sloppy. But I like their songs, so I didn't really mind. I absolutely love the Black Holes EP, so obviously sang along to most of those songs about drinking too much and liking girls and such. They played LJD which is the best song ever (One Direction even made a song about it) and that hardcore-y tune which is pretty wild. They finished off with Falling Apart, upon which I thought they probably deserve more response, but it was still 8 pm and everybody was still on the sober end of things. Good band though. bought a shirt, it looks like an Amenra shirt and has the words "life just disappoints" on it, which is the reason I bought it.

No Bones played next. One of the few bands I had never heard before. Apparently they're from Canada and are touring Europe to promote their debut EP Belongings. That's dope, they're like "whatever, we only have one 7" but why shouldn't we fucking tour Europe now?" The 7" is really good, by the way, I ended up really liking their band, sounded like Polar Bear Club and Shook Ones mayhaps. They played a Jawbreaker cover, which is obviously a really good thing to do. The song was Do You Still Hate Me? and lotsa peepz sang along to it. In short, they put on a more than decent show. Nice dudes as well.

The Lemonaids from Scotland also missed a guitar player, maybe he was a the same soccer match? I don't know. Anyway, Lemonaids rule, they're the band with the most attractive Murderburger. Also they're guitar player who was present was a total Mambo look-a-like, that was funny. The Lemonaids stand for fun, summery and light-hearted tunes, so when they started out with I Wanna Luau (With You-au), the tone was set for a set of surf punk goodness. Dances were done, songs were sang along, high fives were exchanged and a good time was had. They played a Captain Kate cover (Easy Come, Easy Go). Cool shiznit.

Then it was the time for The Bat Bites to conquer the world. They came up wearing bat costumes. They played tunes. They're the best band in the world and I wanna marry all of them, especially Florian. Amazing set, including their own hits, new songs, and covers of Masked Intruder and other bands (I don't remember, don't judge me). I assume I had a really nice time and that's important, right. Devon from Direct Hit! told me the next day that the bass player apparently got lost for a good minute at the start of some song and just stood there like a champ figuring out how to play the song. I don't remember it happening but I love anecdotes like that.

The Rawönes closed up the night. They're a Ramones cover band. One of the best. Obviously this was a major success at a festival where a lot of Ramones-inspired bands play. Initially I wasn't even stoked to see them, but as soon as they started the crowd, including me, just started to go go with the pogo and it was so much fun. The stelist was like an actual Ramones show, and the encore seemed to last as long as the actual set did. They did a perfect reenactment of the perfect band, my all-time favourite band. Dangg.

Siebens spinned records at the afterparty and I loved that because I love him. I did spend a lot of time hanging out outside though, It's nice to have these kinds of weekenders, where you see all your friends again and meet so many new people. I love that. I love all your faces. I love hanging, laughing, discussing, hugging and kissing friends. But that's just me.
Went for a late night kebab which was the best thing ever at the time. Back at the dorm room there was this girl Isabel, and no one knew who she was, where she came from and what the hell she was doing there, but she saw Jordi's balls and offered nothing in return. Super weird. I was drunk so we joked around with her and a couple minutes later she left. Weird.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten